PROGRAM UPDATE: Four apartments are currently available to qualifying teacher households or other community-serving professionals for up to 3 years. There are two 1-bedroom apartments and two 2-bedroom apartments currently available. Applications are due by June 29th.
What is the Workforce Housing Pilot Program?
Launched in 2017, The Workforce Housing Pilot Program subsidizes the rents for twenty-two (22) units of workforce housing for community-serving professions such as teachers for five years. Hello Housing is administering the program.
Program Overview, Eligibility & Application
Please first review the Program Overview and Eligibility to determine whether this program is a good fit for you and whether your household is likely to qualify. To apply please complete an Application.
Applications can be emailed to Mollie Rayner or mailed to:
Hello Stewardship – 777 Hamilton
1242 Market Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
What are the Program benefits?
Affordable housing is typically defined as a household spending no more than 30% of their income on housing. This pilot program will offer participants the opportunity to live in the brand-new community of 777 Hamilton while paying no more than 30% of their household income on rent. For example:
- If a household is earning $50,000 a year, the monthly rent would be equal to $1,250 per month.
- If a household is earning $100,000 a year, the monthly rent would be equal to $2,500 per month.
- If a household is earning $150,000 a year, the monthly rent would be equal to $3,750 per month. This rent amount would exceed market-rate rents for a 1-bedroom apartment, so the program would not be beneficial at that income.
- Aspire East Palo Alto Charter
- Aspire East Palo Alto Phoenix Academy
- Beechwood School
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Brentwood Academy
- Cesar Chavez Elementary
- Costano Elementary
- East Palo Alto Academy
- Eastside College Preparatory School
- Green Oaks Academy
- Los Robles Magnet Academy
- Mid-Peninsula High School
- Ravenswood Child Development Center
- Ronald McNair Academy
- San Francisco 49ers Academy
- Willow Oaks Elementary
Preference will be given to the following tiers:
- 1st Tier: Teachers employed by the Ravenswood City School District or a nonprofit school (including nonprofit preschools) that is located in the area encompassed by the Ravenswood City School District (which includes the Belle Haven Neighborhood of Menlo Park, areas in the City of East Palo Alto, and North Fair Oaks neighborhood of San Mateo County).
- 2nd Tier: Teachers employed by the Menlo Park City School District, Las Lomitas School District, or Menlo-Atherton High School
- 3rd Tier*: Persons engaged in public safety professions (e.g. police officers, firefighters, etc.) and employed by the City of Menlo Park or the Menlo Park Fire Protection District; and
- 4th Tier*: Persons employed by public interest non-profit organizations (including nonprofit schools and district schools) located in the cities of Menlo Park or East Palo Alto.
* At this time, only Tier 1 applicants are invited to submit applications. If all 3 available apartments are not filled by 1st Tier applicants, 2nd Tier, 3rd Tier, and 4th Tier applicants will be invited to apply.
Participants in Workforce Housing undergo recertification every year beginning in March. If you are a current resident, you will receive an income recertification packet in the mail around that time. If you do not receive a packet, please contact Hello Housing.