Below-Market Rate Homes in Linear at Alameda Landing
Hello Housing is pleased to be managing the sale of 7 Below-Market-Rate (BMR) homes in Linear and Symmetry neighborhoods on behalf of the developer, TRI Pointe Homes. The sales prices are set to be affordable to moderate-income households and income limits apply. In Linear there are three 2-bedroom 2-bathroom homes priced at $326,868 that will be up for sale. Each home will have recorded resale restrictions to ensure these homes remain affordable for future generations. Eligible households must have at least one person per bedroom, and smallest homes are 2-bedroom homes. Households must have at least a 3% down payment and be able to qualify for a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage.
THE PRE-APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED
On April 21st a lottery for the 3 preference point households was held, the are posted on the right of this page. In the case we are unable to establish buyers for the 3 homes from the 158 3 preference point households we will hold an additional lottery for the 2, 1 and 0 preference point households. To be informed of future BMR opportunities being sold through Hello Housing, please register on our Stay Connected list by clicking the orange button to the right.
Features and Amenities in Linear at Alameda Landing
TRI Pointe Homes is committed to creating a vibrant community at Alameda Landing:
- Impressive flats featuring 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Living space of approximately 1,017 to 1,065 square feet
- Private 2-car tandem garages
- Decks and porches
- Surrounded by breathtaking bay views punctuated by skylines of San Francisco and Oakland
- Convenient commute to San Francisco on the nearby ferry
- Abundance of shopping choices, including a 291,000 square foot shopping center anchored by Target as well as nearby restaurants, offices, entertainment venues and open space
Learn more about what’s happening at Alameda Landing,
Applicants can qualify for up to three preference points. The higher the number of preference points, the better your ranking will be on the waitlist. Applicants will receive 1 point each for the following criteria:
- At least one household member currently lives or works in Alameda
- All adult household members have not had ownership of a home in the previous three years
- The total size of current household is 3 or more
To qualify for the “Live or Work” preference point:
- A member of the household must work a minimum of 20 hours per week for a business within the corporate city limits for an employer who has a City of Alameda business license; or
- Households whose income is based on retirement or disability income must be able to provide documentation showing that this income is based on previous employment within the city limits to receive this preference point; or
- A household must have a primary residence (residential dwelling unit) within the city limits.
- PLEASE NOTE that employees who are employed as contract or temporary employees are not eligible for this preference point unless they have a primary residence within the incorporated city limits.
Income Limits (effective 2017)
|Household Size||Income Limit at 120% AMI|
|1 person||Not eligible|
3 Preference Point Housholds Lottery Results
The Application Process
Buying a home, especially in the Bay Area, is an emotional journey. And because of the scarcity of affordable homes for sale, the competition to buy an affordable home in today’s market can be tremendous. Our goal is to create a qualification process that meets the Alameda Housing Authority’s program requirements AND is respectful of your time. With this in mind, we have broken the application process down into a few key steps.
What to Expect
Learn more about the homes
Download Alameda Landing Flyer & FAQs
Download Linear at Alameda Landing Floor Plans
Hello Housing, TRI Pointe Homes and the Alameda Housing Authority do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.