Hello Housing is pleased to be managing the sale of five Below Market Rate (BMR) homes on behalf of the developer, Discovery Homes, and the City of Concord.
The pre-application period was open from June 15th, 2020 to July 10th, 2020, at 5:00 pm. On July 16th, 2020, Hello Housing and the City of Concord conducted a lottery and a ranking order was established for all eligible households. You can review the ranking order here.
One (1) three-bedroom brand-new home will be offered at Vista Heights and four (4) three-bedroom brand-new homes will be offered at Willow Terrace. All homes are priced to be affordable to moderate-income (120% AMI) households of 3-7 people. Income limits apply.
HOA dues: $203/month
Discovery Homes presents a trendy community at Vista Heights:
- Single family homes
- Beautiful two-story floor plans
- Decorative finishes and energy efficient features
- Easy access to BART and shopping
HOA dues: $351/month
Discovery Homes presents a quaint community at Willow Terrace:
- Townhome community
- Beautiful three-story floor plans
- Low maintenance units
- Nestled in the heart of Concord
Learn more about the homes
Download the Marketing Flyers for Vista Heights and Willow Terrace
Download Floor Plans for Vista Heights and Willow Terrace
Download the City of Concord BMR Eligibility and Requirements Summary
Learn more about what’s happening at Vista Heights and Willow Terrace.
Key Program Eligibility Guidelines
Eligible households must be first time homebuyers and have at least three people who will be living together in the BMR home. Households must be able to show they have at least a 3% down payment seasoned for a minimum of three months in the applicant’s bank or financial accounts, and be able to qualify for a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage.
|Household Size||Income Limit at 120% AMI|
The Application Process
Buying a home, especially in the Bay Area, is an emotional journey. And because of the scarcity of affordable homes for sale, the competition to buy an affordable home in today’s market can be tremendous. Our goal is to create a qualification process that meets the City of Concord’s program requirements AND is respectful of your time. With this in mind, we have broken the application process down into a few key steps which mean you will only have to compile a detailed application with supporting documentation if you have a reasonable chance of being offered the home for purchase.
How to Apply
- Between June 15, 2020 and July 10, 2020, an “apply now” button will be active on this website. If you would like to apply for the lottery, please complete an online pre-application form.
- If your pre-application is eligible, you will receive an email with your unique lottery number and the date and time of the lottery.
- The lottery will result in your household being assigned a ranking order. The households at the top of the ranking order will be invited to attend a mandatory workshop to learn more about the program and how to prepare and submit a complete application with copies of relevant financial information.
Income of spouses will be included in total household income, regardless of whether the spouse is currently living with the household unless there is a legal separation agreement.
*Hello Housing projects future income based on the Gross Income set forth on each applicant’s income documentation for each source of income.
- As specific newly built homes become available for sale, Hello Housing will offer these homes to conditionally approved households for purchase, based on their ranking order.
Hello Housing, Discovery Homes, and the City of Concord do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.