Program Manager Position
Founded in 2005, Hello Housing is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization committed to making lasting social change. We use our diverse backgrounds, skills and networks to solve tough social problems. As of March 2016, Hello Housing joined forces with MidPen Housing in order to expand its impact and reach in the greater Bay Area. Hello Housing is one of four affiliated corporations which include MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation, and MidPen Resident Services Corporation. Our collective goal is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
Hello Housing is growing at a time when the impacts of public and private exclusionary policies & practices combined with housing costs that far outpace the incomes of Bay Area residents is resulting in displacement and lack of opportunity for low and moderate-income households. Hello Housing is committed to building a racially and culturally diverse team to develop and implement housing solutions that increase access to affordable housing and provide opportunities to move up the economic ladder. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Hello Stewardship provides a wide range of services for local government through the professional management of Below Market Rate (BMR) homeownership and rental programs. Hello Stewardship also provides direct services to market-rate developers to ensure fair marketing and sale of affordable homes developed as a result of inclusionary housing policy. BMR homeownership services include program (re)design and refinement, annual compliance monitoring, marketing and education for aspiring homeowners, calculation of affordable sales prices and rents, assessing homebuyers for eligibility, approving & processing refinances and nurturing a pool of qualified lenders and title companies. BMR rental services include annual compliance monitoring, assessing tenants for eligibility, identifying qualified tenants as units turnover, and coordination with property managers for rental developments produced as a result of inclusionary housing policy.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of specific Hello Stewardship contracts.
Your day to day
- Provides active management of portfolios of Below Market Rate (BMR) homes and Down Payment Assistance (DPA) loans for multiple cities which includes marketing affordable homes, calculating affordable prices; assessing applicants for eligibility; waitlist management; coordinating with lenders and title companies; and helping aspiring homebuyers, existing homeowners and renters navigate complicated programs
- Falls in love with HomeKeeper, a Salesforce platform, as a workflow and data management tool
- Present educational workshops to aspiring renters, buyers and existing BMR homeowners about the program requirements and purchase process
- Shares housing opportunities as they arise with Hello Housing’s interest list (via its e-newsletter Stay Connected)
- Ensures Hello Housing’s website content for portfolio cities is current, clear and informative for the general public
- Responds to City requests for information
- Tracks billable activities as provided for in BMR contracts with cities
- Works with Program Director to renew annual contracts, making changes to scope or pricing as needed
- Support Program Director in Inclusionary Sales campaigns (selling brand new affordable homes on behalf of market-rate developers)
- Represents Hello Housing at housing-related events and trainings
At Hello Housing, we seek those with good hearts and great minds – those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hello Housing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hello Housing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Hello Housing expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree required (may be substituted with 2+ years of work experience in a related field.)
- Two years of work experience in a real-estate related field (e.g. title company, lending, paralegal, real estate development, nonprofit housing) required.
- Experience in BMR rental program management a plus.
- Superior writing skills and attention to detail required.
- A natural interest in solving problems with a smile.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin a plus.
- Proficient using Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a background screening and fingerprinting clearance.
- Demonstrated computer skills, proficient in using CRM software (Salesforce), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), and other needed software.
Life at Hello Housing:
When you join Hello Housing, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, Hello Housing employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
- 1242 Market Street, San Francisco
- One block from Civic Center BART
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Interested in applying? Please complete our online application and upload your resume & cover letter.