What is the City of Novato’s Mobile Country Club (MVMCC) Lot Rent Deferral Program?
The Lot Rent Deferral Program provides a deferred loan to qualifying income-eligible MVMCC residents by deferring payment of up to $150 of their monthly space rent. The Program is being offered as a 1-year pilot for up to fifteen (15) eligible households. The program is being administered by Hello Housing on behalf of the City of Novato.
Why was the MVMCC Lot Rent Referral Program created?
The City of Novato is committed to minimizing displacement of its lowest-income residents. Some MVMCC residents live on fixed incomes and cannot afford rent increases or to move their homes to other parks.
How do I qualify for a deferral?
To qualify for a deferral from the Lot Rent Deferral Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have been a resident of Marin Valley Mobile Country Club for at least five years before applying for a deferral.
- You must own the mobile home in which you are living. The Lot Rent Deferral Program cannot provide rent deferrals to people who are renting the mobile home in which they live.
- You must live full-time (at least 10 months per year) in the park while receiving a deferral.
- If you have a loan on your home, you must be current on your loan payments.
- You must be current on property taxes (if applicable) or registration fees (if applicable) related to your home.
- You must have a monthly household income no greater than 20% times the Area Median Income as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the San Francisco HMFA adjusted for household size. Income limits are updated on an annual basis by HUD. Please see income chart above for current income limits.
- You must not have assets worth more than $30,000. This includes but is not limited to: stocks, bonds, real property, savings, investments, and retirement accounts. This does not include the value of your motor vehicles, the value of your mobile home, or the value of the contents of your mobile home (furniture, clothing, jewelry, etc.).
- You must submit a complete application with supporting documentation to the MVMCC General Manager.
- Once approved, you must sign a Lot Rent Deferral Program Participation Agreement, Disclosures, and appropriate HCD Forms.
Program Income Limits (2020)
|Income Limits by Percentage of
Area Median Income (AMI)
How can I apply?
Before applying, you must complete a pre-screening with Hello Housing by calling (415) 863-3036 or emailing Isabel Chalker. Once approved to proceed, you must submit a complete application with supporting documentation to Matt Greenberg, General Manager, at the MVMCC Office. Matt Greenberg will review the application for completeness and submit directly to Hello Housing for final review.
You may download a copy of the application here, request a paper copy be mailed to you, or pick up a paper copy from the MVMCC office. Funds are limited and applicants will be served on a “First Complete First Served” basis, which means all requested documents must be received by Hello Housing to be considered submitted.
Non Discrimination Policy
Hello Housing and the City of Novato do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.