Existing Homes for Sale
2667 Fifth Street
Interior Size: 1,066 Sq. Ft.
Click here for printable flyer
To hear about upcoming opportunities subscribe to our email newsletter, Stay Connected.
- Eligible households must have a minimum of two household members to qualify for this home.
- All household members must be first-time homebuyers.
- Households must have at least a 3% down payment.
- Households must be able to qualify for a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage.
- All households must earn at or below 120% of the Area Median Income.
Alameda Preference Point Criteria
Applicants can qualify for up to a maximum of 2 preference points based on the criteria below. All applicants will be ranked based on the total number of preference points the household earns through any combination of preference point criteria. Please note, all preference points will be verified during the application process for those households invited to apply.
Preference Point Criteria:
- 1 Point: At least one adult household member currently Lives OR Works in the City of Alameda
- 1 Point: At least one adult household member is an employee of Alameda Unified School District.
Program Income Limits
(effective April 1, 2020)
|Household Size||Income Limit at 120% AMI|
|1 person||Not Eligible|
Below-Market Rate Homes for Sale in Alameda
Homebuyers who previously benefited from the City of Alameda’s Below-Market Rate (BMR) programs can pass along the opportunity to the next owner when they sell their home. This ensures that there will be affordable housing available for future generations of Alameda residents. Sign up for our Stay Connected newsletter to learn about BMR homes for sale in the City of Alameda and other opportunities in the Bay Area.
The Application Process
Buying a home, especially in the Bay Area, is an emotional journey. And because of the scarcity of affordable homes for sale, the competition to buy an affordable home in today’s market can be tremendous. Our goal is to create a qualification process that meets Alameda’s program requirements AND is respectful of your time. With this in mind, we have broken the application process down into a few key steps.
What to Expect
Hello Housing and the City of Alameda do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.