How do I apply?
- How do I join the waitlist? The waitlist opens each year from October 1st to October 31st. During this time there will be a link on our website to complete the waitlist form. If you would like a physical copy of the form please email us.
- Is there any update of the waitlist? Hello Housing will contact waitlist members in ranking order as units and or homes become available. Waitlist members will retain their position for the entire year they applied. Current waitlist members are required to renew each year.
- Are any BMR homes for sale or BMR rental units available? As homes and rental units become available, Hello Housing will inform those on the waitlist in ranking order.
- Where are the rental units located? Locations of the complexes with BMR units are listed here.
- Are new units or homes currently being built? Should any new homes and or rental units become available, Hello Housing will reach out to the waitlist in ranking order.
Once I’m selected for a home or rental…
- How much do BMR homes cost? The price of homes will be determined based on the year the home was built, size of the home, the income category assigned to the unit, and the resale formula specific to the home. The resale formula is tied to the percentage change in either the CPI or AMI index depending on the restriction recorded on the home. Typically, homes sell in the range of $275K – $430k.
- How much do BMR rental units cost per month? The cost per month will depend on the income category assigned to the unit; you can find a link to the current rental rates here.
- Can I use all cash to buy a BMR home? No, there are limits to the amount of assets you may have at the time of application. For complete guidelines around assets, please see section 4.2 in the BMR Program Manual.
- Why do I need to complete home owner monitoring or rental recertification? Hello Housing is charged with stewarding the BMR program for the City of Cupertino, which requires yearly homeowner monitoring and rental recertifications. A major tenet of the City’s program is owner occupancy. Additionally, rental recertifications ensure tenants continue to meet the guidelines of the program and the rent being charged is within the program parameters.
- How long do I have to live in the home before I can sell? There is no set amount of time you must live in the home before selling it.
BMR Homeownership Program Income Limits
(effective May, 2019*)
|Household Size||Income Limit at 100% AMI||Income Limit at 120% AMI|
BMR Rental Program Income Limits
(effective May, 2019*)
|Income Limit at 50% AMI||Income Limit at 80% AMI|
*Income Limits will be updated each year by HCD
Hello Housing and the City of Cupertino do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.