Below-Market Rate Homes for Sale in Livermore
The city of Livermore has a portfolio of Below Market Rate homes which occasionally turn over for sale. The price of each home depends on several factors (the change in Area Median Income since the last sale, interest rates at time of resale, current HOA dues if applicable). In addition, each home is designated as either a Low or Moderate income home. Please reference the Income Limits chart to determine whether your household would qualify as either a Low or Moderate income household. Please note that each year, the City of Livermore publishes new income limits so these numbers are also adjusted annually.
The most recent pre-application period did not include potential 1 & 2 bedroom BMR homes that may come up for resale. Bookmark this page or sign up to our Stay Connected emails to learn about 1 & 2 bedroom BMR opportunities in the City of Livermore.
Existing Homes for Sale
161 North L. Street #107
HOA Dues: $248.79
Area Median Income Level: up to 80% AMI
How to Apply
The application period for this opportunity is closed. We will reach out to those applicants who were part of the City of Livermore’s 2017 lottery, and review applications in ranking order.
Learn more about the home
Eligibility Requirements for 3 and 4 bedroom homes:
- Eligible households must have at least 3 people who live together at time of application.
- All adults must be first-time homebuyers.
- Homebuyers must have sufficient creditworthiness to qualify for a first mortgage. Creditworthiness includes: a) not having filed bankruptcy in the last three years; and b) minimum FICO credit rating of 660 points.
- Households must have at least a 3% seasoned down payment.
- Households must be able to qualify for a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens or lawfully permitted for permanent residence.
- All households must earn below 120% of the Area Median Income.
Preference Point Criteria
Applicants can qualify for up to 10 preference points based on the criteria below. All applicants will be grouped based on the total number of preference points the household earns through any combination of preference point criteria. Priority will be given to those groups with the highest preference point total (from highest to lowest). For instance, no household with 3 preference points will be ranked higher on the waitlist than a household with 4 preference points. PLEASE NOTE that there are exclusions to these criteria which are listed in the Preference Point section of the Affordable Homeownership Guidelines and all preference points will be verified during the application process.
Preference Point Criteria:
- Credentialed Teachers employed by the Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District – 2 points
- City of Livermore Emergency Responder – 2 points
- City of Livermore Resident – 2 points
- Work in the City of Livermore – 2 points
- Tenant of a Rent Restricted Unit in the City of Livermore – 1 point
- U.S Military Veteran – 1 point
|Household Size||Low-Income Limit at (80% AMI)||Moderate-Income Limit at (120% AMI)|
|1 person||Not eligible||Not eligible|
|2 people||Not eligible||Not eligible|
The Application Process
Buying a home, especially in the Bay Area, is an emotional journey. And because of the scarcity of affordable homes for sale, the competition to buy an affordable home in today’s market can be tremendous. Our goal is to create a qualification process that meets Livermore’s program requirements AND is respectful of your time. With this in mind, we have broken the application process down into a few key steps.