Below-Market Rate Homes at Hamilton Cottages
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis. An application must be complete with all supporting documents in order to be reviewed for program eligibility.
Hello Housing is pleased to be managing the sale of one Below Market Rate (BMR) home on behalf of the developer, Ryder Homes, and the City of Novato.
The three-bedroom, two and a half-bathroom, brand-new home offered at Hamilton Cottages is priced to be affordable to moderate-income (90% AMI) households. Income limits apply.
The HOA dues at Hamilton Cottages will be $495/month and will cover the following:
- Common area landscaping and maintenance for pocket community plaza, including outside furniture, pergola, fencing, and BBQs
- Free shuttle for commuter connections and local routes
- Trash and recycling 2x/week
- Community Clubhouse and Cottage Lane maintenance
- Site irrigation and drainage
If you are interested in future BMR opportunities in Novato click the orange box to register for our Stay Connected E-Newsletter to be notified of future BMR opportunities in Novato.
Key Program Eligibility Requirements
While there is no minimum household size requirement in Novato’s BMR program, this particular home has been priced to be affordable to moderate income households of 4. If your household is significantly smaller than this, you may not be able to obtain a mortgage with affordable monthly payments. Households must have at least a 1% down payment and be able to qualify for a 30-year, fixed rate mortgage.
This home will have recorded resale restrictions to ensure the home remains affordable for future generations.
At least one applicant in the household must be 62+.
Features and Amenities at Hamilton Cottages
Ryder Homes is committed to creating a vibrant community at Hamilton Cottages:
- Two-story detached home
- 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms
- Living space of approximately 1,601 square feet
- 2 car garage
- Just 30 minutes from San Francisco
Learn more about the homes
Hello Housing, Ryder Homes and the City of Novato do not discriminate against any persons on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, source of income, genetic information, medical condition, physical disability or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.
|Household Size||Income Limit at 90% AMI|
The Application Process
- If you would like to apply for this home, please complete an application and gather all supporting documentation.
- Applications and supporting documents must be emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis. An application must be complete with all supporting documents in order to be reviewed for program eligibility.
- If your application is eligible, you will receive Conditional Approval and will be invited into contract to purchase the home.