Seeking a Home Rehabilitation Specialist (Part-Time Position)
Hello Housing is seeking to identify a Home Rehabilitation Specialist (“Rehab Specialist”) to perform a variety of tasks associated with administering home repair programs on behalf of its government partners, which currently includes an established contract with the City of Concord and a new contract with the City of Alameda/Alameda Housing Authority.Hello Rehab helps its partners administer home repair grant and loan programs which typically serve very-low and low-income homeowners with homes in need of health & safety repairs. Hello Rehab is a key component of Hello Housing’s anti-displacement strategy, with the majority of participants being seniors or people with disabilities living on fixed incomes. Hello Rehab is an area of growth for Hello Housing in the coming year.
Hello Housing invites submissions from either firms or individuals, including Section 3, SBE or D/M/WBE entities. A successful Rehab Specialist will:
- Perform inspections of single-family homes & mobile homes;
- Prepare detailed scopes of work and estimates;
- Procure and evaluate bids from list of qualified contractors;
- Work with homeowners to make contractor selections and prepare contracts;
- Provide project management and compliance for small rehab projects;
- Work in close coordination with Hello Housing staff responsible for determining program eligibility and for generating documentation of grants; or loans being made to individuals for repairs;
- Maintain detailed project files using Dropbox; and
- Provide bi-weekly reports tracking key milestones achieved by client to support billings to government partners.
Hello Housing is seeking to fill the Housing Rehabilitation Specialist position on a part-time (as needed) contractual basis. The services will be provided through a combination of in-office, in-the-field, and remote work (if desired). Ideally, applicants will have schedule flexibility, on a week-to-week and ongoing basis. Due to government funding cycles, there is typically a surge of activity July through December of each year. The Rehab Specialist can expect to have multiple projects under construction or in a pre-construction stage at any given time. Hello Housing invites submissions from either firms or individuals, including Section 3, SBE or D/M/WBE entities.
- Federal, State, and County building codes, ordinances and administrative orders applicable to building and construction trades;
- The Uniform housing code, building codes and/or ordinances applicable to the building trades;
- Rehabilitation labor, material costs and construction methods;
- Rehabilitation construction plans and specifications;
- The techniques and methods of housing inspection to locate health and safety concerns; and
- Some knowledge of mortgage loans and rehabilitation finance practices a plus
- Three years of work experience in a construction-related field required.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a background screening and fingerprinting clearance.
- Demonstrated computer skills, proficient in using CRM software (Salesforce), file sharing (Dropbox), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), and other needed software.
- Must have valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy.
- General Liability and Workers Comp insurance may be required.
- Commitment to the mission of Hello Housing.
Interested? Take a moment to review the complete position description, then complete our online application and upload your resume & cover letter. Application deadline is Friday, June 3rd.