Program Compliance Manager Position
Founded in 2005, Hello Housing is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization committed to making lasting social change. We use our diverse backgrounds, skills and networks to solve tough social problems. As of March 2016, Hello Housing joined forces with MidPen Housing in order to expand its impact and reach in the greater Bay Area. Hello Housing is one of four affiliated corporations which include MidPen Housing, MidPen Property Management Corporation, and MidPen Resident Services Corporation. Our collective goal is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony and mutual respect.
Hello Housing is growing at a time when the impacts of public and private exclusionary policies & practices combined with housing costs that far outpace the incomes of Bay Area residents is resulting in displacement and lack of opportunity for low and moderate-income households. Hello Housing is committed to building a racially and culturally diverse team to develop and implement housing solutions that increase access to affordable housing and provide opportunities to move up the economic ladder. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Hello Stewardship provides a wide range of services for local government through the professional management of Below Market Rate (BMR) homeownership, Down Payment Assistance, and rental programs. Hello Stewardship also provides direct services to market-rate developers to ensure fair marketing and sale of affordable homes developed as a result of inclusionary housing policy. BMR homeownership services include program (re)design and refinement, annual compliance monitoring, marketing and education for aspiring homeowners, calculation of affordable sales prices and rents, assessing homebuyers for eligibility, approving and processing refinances, and nurturing a pool of qualified lenders and title companies. BMR rental services include annual compliance monitoring, assessing tenants for eligibility, identifying qualified tenants as units turnover, and coordination with property managers for rental developments produced as a result of inclusionary housing policy.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, the Program Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring new applicants and current households in our Stewardship portfolio are in compliance with city requirements. This includes onboarding new city clients’ portfolios data to Hello Housing’s databases, performing income qualifications, managing BMR rental monitoring campaigns on behalf of our city partners and supporting Program Managers in performing the day-to-day management of specific Hello Stewardship contracts.
Your day to day:
- Provide support in management of portfolios of Below Market Rate (BMR) homes and Down Payment Assistance (DPA) loans for multiple cities which includes assessing applicants for eligibility;
- Coordinating with lenders and title companies and helping aspiring homebuyers and existing homeowners navigate complicated programs;
- Independently review and approve new move-in and current resident files, assuring applicants are income and program eligible;
- Perform annual rental monitoring campaigns, which includes establishing and maintaining relationships with property managers, training of property management staff of requirement and processes, outreach to tenants, income qualifications, generating summary of findings;
- Responsible for scanning and file retention for move-ins and annual re-certifications;
- Use HomeKeeper (a Salesforce platform) to update, monitor and track key data points of applicants, owners, properties and loans;
- Onboard new Stewardship clients’ portfolios to Hello Housing databases;
- Coordinate with Program Managers, city partners, title companies, and lenders to track and collect all closing documents from new sales, down payment assistance loans, and refinances;
- Track billable activities as provided for in BMR contracts with cities;
- Work with Stewardship team to improve processes and program design as needed;
- Represent Hello Housing at housing-related events and training; and
- Performs other assignments as requested.
At Hello Housing, we seek those with good hearts and great minds – those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hello Housing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hello Housing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Hello Housing expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
What you bring:
- Minimum of three years work experience in a professional environment required.
- Work experience in a real-estate related field (e.g. title company, lending, paralegal, real estate development, nonprofit housing) a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written & verbal). Bilingual proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin a plus.
- Empathy for others (a must for good client service).
- A natural desire to help people (both internal & external).
- A sense of humor (also a must for good customer service).
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Hello Housing.
- The ability to keep a lot of details straight and top of mind in order to work efficiently.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a background screening and fingerprinting clearance.
- Demonstrated computer skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), and other needed software. Familiarity with CRM software (Salesforce) a plus.
Life at Hello Housing:
When you join Hello Housing, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, Hello Housing employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
- 1242 Market Street, San Francisco
- One block from Civic Center BART
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Interested in applying? Please complete our online application and upload your resume & cover letter.